Great North Swim
Lake Windermere, North Lake
Date: 13-14 June 2014
Water Temperature 2013: 13℃
Water Temperature 2012: 15℃
Numbers approx: 6,000
Wetsuits are compulsory for all great swims.
We encourage Great North Swim participants to consider MyWetsuitHire.co.uk for their open water swimming needs. We feature the latest wetsuits from Zone3.
The largest of the Great Swims, this event is held in the stunning Lake Windermere between Ambleside and Bowness.
The event has sadly not taken place fully in 2011 and 2012. In 2011 the event was cancelled due to water quality issues and in 2102 the storms cancelled one and part of the second day. However this is uncharacteristic and it is reassuring that the organisers [same people who organise the Great North Run] have organised this weekend again this year.
The water was a chilly 14℃ last year.
We consider that this is a must do event wherever you are based. Take a weekend or week's break and appreciate what we believe is the most beautiful part of the UK. We suggest booking accommodation several miles away - Grasmere and even Keswick are not far. Transport is not easy close to the start so we suggest cycling.
- Wetsuit Hire from Only £44.95 + Delivery
- We ship fast by next day courier. If necessary we can deliver for Saturday mornings for an additional shipping fee.
- Rental periods available to suit you. Two Week, Four Week, 2 Month or Full Season Hire until September 30th.
- Try before you buy and the rental cost can be offset against the DISCOUNTED purchase price!
- Fitting Advice. We offer a personal service where we ask for your height and weight when you book. We will then select the best fitting wetsuit. The size charts are not all accurate and as we hire over 1000 wetsuits during the season we know what fits - we get it right 97% of the time.